Recipe: Creamy Spinach and Turkey Pasta
I am loving this dinner right now – it's one of those things I discovered after coming home from work, tired and hungry, to find out I only had an odd selection of ingredients to throw together. I literally shoved it all in a pan and hoped for the best. But, as it turned out, it was bloody great and I was super proud of myself for at least three days.
I'd have put the recipe up sooner, but it's taken me a couple of weeks to refine it and get it to a place I'm really chuffed with. It's still a bit of a work in progress, so if you've got any ideas on how to spice it up, let me know, I'm all ears!
Serves 1 | Prep + cooking: 30 mins (approx.)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
125g mushrooms, chopped
1 large turkey steak, diced,
2tbsp sour cream
50g baby leaf spinach
2tbsp paprika (or to taste)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp butter
1. Boil the spaghetti in a pan filled with salted water (approx. 10 mins). Drain and set aside.
2. Whilst your spaghetti is cooking, heat up the coconut oil, butter and chopped garlic in a frying pan on medium/low heat and cook until golden brown.
3. Then, on medium heat, place your chopped turkey steak and mushrooms into the pan and mix the paprika, salt and pepper until cooked.
4. Next, you'll need to add your spinach. Once it's started wilting, you should start to see a runny jus forming in the pan – do not drain, we need that!
5. Add in the sour cream, stirring continuously until thoroughly mixed with the jus. Then, chuck in the spaghetti and continue stirring over a low heat for a couple of minutes.
6. Finally, serve and add a little more salt and pepper to taste and tuck in.