Recipe: Mackerel & Cream Spinach
Fish is constantly on my plate at the moment. In the run up to my little holiday to Lisbon in September, I'm trying to make an extra effort to eat healthier and do more exercise - bring on that bikini bod! This recipe is the first dinner I made after I decided it was time to make a change and it's honestly one of my absolute favourites now.
Serves 1 | Prep + cooking: 25 mins
1 hot smoked peppered mackerel fillet
1/2 sweet potato, skin on
100g baby leaf spinach
1 tsp Lazy Garlic
1 tsp butter (for pan)
1 tbsp sour cream (or to taste)
Salt & Pepper (optional)
- Chop up half a sweet potato and place on a tin foil covered baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil and season with pepper and salt. Set a timer for 10 minutes and bake in the oven at 200°.
- After ten minutes, turn the sweet potato and put back in the oven.
- Warm up the butter and empty the spinach into a frying pan, pushing down on the spinach with a spatular until it wilts.
- Once the spinach has reduced, turn down the heat, add in the garlic and sour cream, then stir.
- Whilst the creamed spinach is warming in the pan, chop up your avocado.
- Place your ready-cooked mackerel fillet on a plate and serve the rest alongside it - voila!
Tweet me @modestlondon to let me know how you got on! Or tell me about your favourite recipes.