Recipe: Fancy Prawns and Rice
I am taking full credit for this, guys - I have accidentally created a masterpiece on a plate.This recipe may sound a little weird, but I promise you, it's delicious! I pretty much went into Sainsbury's, chucked everything I fancied into my basket, cooked it all up and this was the result. All hail me, the domestic goddess.
Serves 2 | Prep + cooking: 30 mins (approx.)
2 large chopped cloves of garlic
Salt & Pepper
1/2 chopped Avocado
1 pack Sainsbury's King Prawns (ready to eat)
300g sliced closed cup mushrooms
1/2 bag baby spinach
Pumpkin seed mix
Boil in the bag rice
1. Pop one bag of rice into a pan of boiling, salted water.
2. Heat up one tablespoon of coconut oil in a non stick pan and add the chopped garlic.
3. Whilst you wait for the garlic to brown, slice the mushrooms and add to the frying pan once the garlic is cooked.
4. Add a splash of soy sauce (combined with the coconut oil and water from the mushrooms, this creates a nice little sauce).
5. Throw in the washed baby spinach and whilst it's cooking, chop up half of your avocado.
6. Once the spinach is done, mix in the avocado, pack of prawns and add a sprinkling of pumpkin seed mix.
7. Turn down the heat and check rice is cooked - if it is, take out of the water, place to one side and poach your egg (3 minutes for a runny yolk).
8. Plate up the food whilst the egg is in the pan, then stick it on top when it's done and season the dish with salt and pepper.
I would LOVE to know what you guys think of this! Tweet me at @modestlondon once you've given it a try.