Recipe: Pesto Pastry and Sweet Potato Fries
My flatmate Rosie talked me through this recipe the other week, but last night was the first time I tried it for myself. One of the best things about this dish is that you can change the toppings that go on top of the pastry to suit you - the base is your canvas! Other than pies, I cant really think of a time where I've tucked into a savoury pastry and enjoyed it, but this has me converted and I'll definitely be making this regularly from now on.
Serves 2 | Prep + cooking: 30 mins (approx.)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 Sweet Potato
Pre-rolled puff pastry
1/4 pack mushrooms
Sprinkling of Oregano
Tablespoon of milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
2. Leaving the skin on, chop up your sweet potato into thin strips (y'know, like fries), put them on a tin foil covered baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil and oregano, then put into the oven to start cooking
3. Cut your pastry to size (I simply made mine the size of the small baking tray I was using), spread a generous layer of presto and then add your toppings to taste
4. Brush a small amount of milk around the edges
5. Pop the pastry in with the fries and leave for 20 mins
6. Plate, serve and enjoy!