Recipe: Boursin, Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
So, along came the dreaded week before payday. I couldn't afford to do a big shop and only had a few leftover ingredients to use up. So my flatmate and I raided the cupboards and fridge, threw everything in a frying pan and came up with this incredible store cupboard recipe. Because our aim was to use up the ingredients that would be going past their sell by date soon, we ended up with enough to last us for a couple of days! And what a delicious couple of days they were...
Serves 2 | Prep + cooking: 35 mins (approx.)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
3 chicken thighs
2 x mugs of risotto rice
1/2 pint chicken stock
200g pack mushrooms
Slice of garlic and herb Boursin soft cheese
Salt and pepper
Chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until golden.
- Cut the chicken into strips and add to the frying pan with the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms and chicken are browned and cooked through, lower to a medium heat, add the risotto rice, stir, then add a 1/4 of the stock and simmer.
- Continue to add the stock one small glug at a time and keep stirring.
- Once the rice has puffed up and cooked, add the coriander, a slice of Boursin, salt and pepper to taste, then serve with a sprinkling of parsley.
Try it out over the Christmas season and be sure to report back :)